Funding Nature Based Community Resilience in Southeastern Massachusetts: Webinar + In-Person Series
One of the challenges for communities working to improve community resilience to climate change impacts is identifying the appropriate funding mechanism to support projects and develop competitive grant applications. There are several funding programs available in Massachusetts for this work, many with a focus on nature based solutions, but there is much confusion around the various opportunities and which projects are the best fit for each. Furthermore, once communities identify a grant program of interest, it is often difficult to navigate grant requirements and craft a competitive proposal. This workshop will highlight key grant programs available in Massachusetts and the priorities of each, in order to help identify the best program for a project and what makes a competitive application. By attending this workshop, attendees will:
- Be introduced to key nature based climate resilience grant programs that are available to communities in southeastern Massachusetts
- Learn how to match a project to a funding agency and/or program
- Learn best practices for developing a competitive proposal
- Talk directly with funders and field liaisons about specific sources of funding
Attendees are encouraged to bring specific project ideas for discussion with and feedback from grant program representatives
Target Audience: Municipalities (and non-profits working directly with communities to administer grants) with interest in applying for grants to support the implementation of nature based water quality restoration and infrastructure projects that improve climate resilience in Southeastern Massachusetts.
Virtual Introduction to Grant Programs (webinar) – REGISTER NOW!
Feb. 15, 2023, 12 – 1:30 PM
In-Person Match-making Workshop – REGISTER NOW!
Feb. 28, 2023, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- SNEP Watershed Grants
- Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Program
- Division of Ecological Restoration
- Buzzards Bay National Estuary Program
- National Fish & Wildlife Foundation
- MA Office of Coastal Zone Management
- …and more!
WEBINAR (FEBURARY 15)
- 12:00PM - 1:30PM
- Virtual Introduction to Grant Programs (webinar)
- Online Webinar via Zoom
IN-PERSON WORKSHOP (FEBRUARY 28)
- 9:30AM - 12:30PM
- In-Person Match-making Workshop
- The deadline to register is February 22nd, 2023. The workshop will be held on February 28th, 2023 from 9:30am-12:30pm at Bridgewater State University.